Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I teach children and adults

I start teaching children starting at age 6. Students must have a few reading skills. Recognizing the alphabet and numbers is important. Many parents are concerned that their children won't be interested in playing. This is the reason I run my sessions in 2 and 3 month increments. You can't tell after a few weeks whether a child is going to excel. Please contact me for more information on my contract.

Parents’ Role
Please do not compare the progress of your child to that of other children especially siblings. Just as children learn to walk and talk at different rates, they will progress in music at their own pace. Praise even the smallest accomplishments. Let your child know you are proud of them. Positive reinforcement is always one of the greatest tools in any learning experience. Let your child know that I am their friend and am there to help. Please encourage your child to practice. Make it a part of their daily routine. However don’t force them. I offer a lot of practicing incentives so they will want to practice.

No comments: